WITH THE MANUAL YOU WILL BE ABLE TO
- step-by-step lead the team that prepares the proposal
- develop the right strategy for the proposal
- replicate the best practices used by winning SME Instrument proposals
- design optimal formatting and document structuring
- understand the evaluation process and exact evaluation criteria
- save enormous time otherwise spent on getting through 450+ pages of documentation available online
WITH THE SELF-ASSESSMENT TOOL YOU WILL BE ABLE TO
- recognize the strengths and weaknesses of your proposal
- recognize and avoid mistakes that could kill your proposal
- understand the full potential of your innovation
- better allocate your time and effort when preparing the proposal
- prepare a winning SME-1 proposal in accordance with actual evaluation criteria
WHO WILL FIND THESE TOOLS USEFUL
- experienced consultants that want to deepen their understanding of the SME Instrument
- consultation companies that want to save time and resources when transferring their SME-1 knowledge to their junior consultants
- innovative SMEs looking to learn how to pitch their business ideas from experience of the winning Horizon 2020 applicants
- first time applicants for the SME Instrument Phase 1
- applicants re-submitting their proposals to SME Instrument Phase 1
- all SME Instrument applicants interested in getting the insider knowledge on writing winning H2020 proposals
WHY ARE WE OFFERING THIS?
A great Idea is not enough
An excellent project proposal is essential. In order to prepare one, most winners have relied on outsourced EU proposal experts. But good experts are expensive and have only limited time. This means that organisations, that already have funding, also have the best chances to succeed. But it should be exactly the opposite. The EU funds should support those projects that cannot be realized due to lack of or insufficient funding.
Fair opportunity for everyone
We decided to change this and give everybody a fair opportunity to get their project funded. This is how the H2020 Manuals were born. We decided to share our knowledge and know-how in this manual and make it accessible to larger public at just a fraction of the regular cost. In this way we can help more great ideas succeed and we give an opportunity to all those, who cannot afford a one-on-one consultancy.
Our experience shows that...
Most of the winning proposals use similar writing approach, formation and tricks that allow them to be assessed fast and earn exceptional evaluation scores. On the other hand, most of the rejected SME Instrument proposals fail to deliver the right information, contain fatal mistakes or drop out essential but not obvious elements that are critical for success.