- general impression of the proposal
- list of shortcomings
- suggestions for improvement
- precise comments and changes throughout the proposal, including:
- unclear definitions and sentences;
- pointing to the inconsistencies of the claims;
- marking of the "empty" sentences - text which is "written & sounds nice" but has no value for the proposal and for the evaluator;
- verifying claimed statements vs. actual explanation/substantiation/verification of those;
- asking for references and substantiations where missing;
- checking IPR and proposed Management mechanism appropriateness vs. proposed project;
- verification of financial scheme, especially appropriateness of using subcontractors and/or "in-kind" contributors;
- overall consistency of the text, styles and terminology/expressions;
- correction of some grammatical errors if found.
REVIEW AND EVALUATION includes:
- all the elements of the basic proposal review
- an assessment based on the official evaluation form
REVIEW, EVALUATION AND A FINAL CHECK includes:
- all the elements of the Review and Evaluation
- one more final reading, again with comments, suggestions and final feedback
Send us your SME-2 proposal in its current form in MS Word format to make it easier for the evaluator to comment on it. Our experts, that have experience in evaluating SME Intrument and other H2020 proposals, will then thoroughly examine the proposal and provide a written review. Reviewed proposal will be sent back to you within 5 working days.
All comments and recommendations are provided in good faith based on the evaluators’ experiences and the official evaluation criteria. There are no guarantees for the success of reviewed proposals. It is the applicants' responsibility to determine whether to make suggested changes to the proposal or not.
WHY ARE WE OFFERING THIS?
A great Idea is not enough
An excellent project proposal is essential. In order to prepare one, most winners have relied on outsourced EU proposal experts. But good experts are expensive and have only limited time. This means that organisations, that already have funding, also have the best chances to succeed. But it should be exactly the opposite. The EU funds should support those projects that cannot be realized due to lack of or insufficient funding.
Fair opportunity for everyone
We decided to change this and give everybody a fair opportunity to get their project funded. This is how the H2020 Manuals were born. We decided to share our knowledge and know-how in this manual and make it accessible to larger public at just a fraction of the regular cost. In this way we can help more great ideas succeed and we give an opportunity to all those, who cannot afford a one-on-one consultancy.
Our experience shows that...
Most of the winning proposals use similar writing approach, formation and tricks that allow them to be assessed fast and earn exceptional evaluation scores. On the other hand, most of the rejected SME Instrument proposals fail to deliver the right information, contain fatal mistakes or drop out essential but not obvious elements that are critical for success.